Design-Build Repair Trident Refit Facility (TRF) Dry Dock
Location: Naval Submarine Base, Kings Bay, GA
Client: US Navy
Project Value: $7.2M
- Performed under a tight operational timeline with high-level security.
- Removal and installation of equipment required structural analyses and detailed lift plans.
- Completed 29 days ahead of schedule.
- Earned letter of commendation and Exceptional performance ratings from client.
- Recipient of NAVFAC PWD Kings Bay 2013 Safety Through Awards and Recognitions (STAR) program award for “outstanding safety awareness during construction.”
Role in US National Defense
The Trident Refit Facility is part of a Naval operation that maintains and repairs the US Navy’s fleet of Trident submarines, which travel the globe on reconnaissance and other defense missions. In order to remain in operation, the facility must pass annual certification testing for all of its functions. The repairs, testing, and mechanical refurbishing CMS performed under this contract enabled the facility to pass its annual certification and continue its service to US national security without interruption.
Design and construction of replacements and repairs to TRF dry dock including pump motors, pumps, check valves, flow meters, actuators, HVAC equipment, control panel annunciators, and trench grating. Also, included repairs to damaged concrete and replacement of concrete coating in the basin, flooding conduits, and wet wells.