We need journeyman level pipefitters to join our team. Qualified applicants must pass a drug test and pass a back ground check in order to work on DoD project locations. Full-time positions with benefits. Stable work environment. Regional or National travel required.
The Pipefitter is responsible for assembling, installing and maintaining pipe systems and pipe supports used to carry, water, steam, air, and other liquids and gases.
Duties (Essential Job Functions)
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair, according to specifications
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps tool, or welding equipment
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment according to specifications by welding , brazing, cementing, soldering or threading joints
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment following blueprints
- Cut thread, or hammer pipes to specifications using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders or pipe benders
- High School diploma and 6 or more years of previous pipefitting/pipe welding experience
- Experience in mechanical construction
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings
- Strong communication skills with ability to coordinate work with other team members
- Ability to work independently
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Physical effort required for frequent lifting or moving of heavy materials
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds and walk a project site
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions on jobsites
CMS is an equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer.
CMS participates in E-Verify.
CMS is a drug and alcohol free workplace.