Custom Mechanical Systems, Corp (CMS) is seeking a Mechanical Estimator to join its team. This Mechanical Estimator will be a key team member with responsibility for bringing in new mechanical projects by providing winning estimates.
- This individual will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications, conceptual schematic documents, design and construction documents, and client needs in order to gather all required information to successfully bid on and win new mechanical projects.
- Perform quantity survey for self-performed scopes of work; mechanical equipment, piping, plumbing, sheet-metal, structural steel and mechanical insulation.
- Build and nurture relationships with vendors and subcontractors to ensure the best possible prices are obtained.
- Work with the overall Estimating and Management teams to prepare estimates and work to ensure estimates are submitted on time and in the required format.
- Shall be capable of leading mechanical estimating efforts on projects ranging in size from $200K to in excess of $5M.
- Position will be in the Bargersville, IN office location.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering and 5-7 years of mechanical construction related experience preferred. Additional years of experience may be considered as a substitution for education
- Fundamental knowledge of common mechanical systems including: Chilled Water, Heating Water, Steam Systems, Process Piping, Sheet Metal, VRV/VRF, Energy recovery, DX, water cooled systems, commercial plumbing, process piping, BMS systems, and process instrumentation.
- Experience preparing design-build, design-bid-build, and conceptual estimates for both new construction and renovation projects.
- Able at an expert level to read, interpret and understand plans, drawings and specifications.
- Advanced working skills with MS Office, MS Project and working knowledge of on screen take off software.
- Have experience with Sage Timberline Estimating or a comparable electronic estimating system.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple assignments.
- Must be able available for travel, up to 30%.
For consideration, please email your resume and/or our employment application to:
Donna Brown, Human Resources Manager
CMS is an equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer.
CMS participates in E-Verify.
CMS is a drug and alcohol free workplace.