CMS Corp is hiring a Site Safety Health Officer (SSHO) for projects located at DoD installation sites at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Ford Island, and Marine Corp Base, HI. The SSHO will be on the worksite at all times to implement and administer the CMS safety program. This is a full time position with benefits. (No relocation is being offered for this position)
- Control hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through safety management and contacting supervisory personnel
- Safety orientation for all on site personnel including sub-contractors
- Conduct work area inspections and audits
- Document all accidents, safety violations, unsafe conditions/activities
- Investigate all on site property damage and personal injury situations and make recommendations for corrective action
- Review documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required
- Certified Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST)
- Minimum of 5 – 7 Years safety work experience on government projects; prefer experience with excavation, confined space and lift work
- 30-hour OSHA construction safety class within last 5 years
- Have an average of at least 24 hours of formal safety training each year for the past 5 years
- Strong knowledge of EM-385-1-1
- Strong Communication skills
- Thorough understanding of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures is essential
- Proficient in MS Office
For consideration, please email your resume and/or our employment application to:
Joyce Wick, Human Resources Director
CMS is an equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer.
CMS participates in E-Verify.
CMS is a drug and alcohol free workplace.