CMS Corporation is seeking a Construction Superintendent. The Construction Superintendent will supervise trade workers and/or subcontractors onsite to ensure safe, efficient, quality completion of projects on time, within scope and within budget. Works in conjunction with the Project Manager assigned to each project.
- Responsible for onsite safety
- Supervise craft workers assigned to an area of responsibility; provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications
- Plan the work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Monitor work performance and productivity of trades to ensure project specifications, procedures, quality, and safety requirements are maintained
- Manage onsite meetings and distribute schedule updates and meeting minutes
- Complete daily documentation requirements including reports and photo
- Advise Project Management of potential problems, work interference, and schedule difficulties; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required
- Maintain liaison with other departments to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support project activities and schedule
- A High School diploma and 7- 10 years of experience as an GC Superintendent in the commercial/industrial/mechanical markets
- Government contract experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, and construction print reading
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable on company’s auto insurance policy
- Must have a clean background in order to meet government base pass requirement
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Nationwide travel required
For consideration, please email your resume and/or our employment application to:
Donna Brown, Human Resources Manager
CMS is an equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer.
CMS participates in E-Verify.
CMS is a drug and alcohol free workplace.