CMS Corporation is seeking a Project Manager with solid mechanical and general project management experience. The Project Manager is responsible for successful project execution, financial, scheduling and technical management in accordance with contract requirements, project plans and established corporate policies. This position will be located in our Bargersville, IN office location.
Essential Job Functions
- In conjunction with the Pre-Construction and Proposal Teams prepare proposals and negotiate revisions if applicable, changes and additions to proposal agreements with architects, engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Analyses plans, contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide special construction or other services
- Recruits project team, including subcontractors, and delegates tasks to appropriate supervision
- Relied upon for superior knowledge of general construction industry, codes and standards
- Develop the project schedule, budgeting, and plans for successful project performance
- Undertake regular site checks to monitor compliance with specifications and progress
- Ensure project is completed on schedule, within budget, and within established quality standards to ensure positive client evaluation
- Act as primary point of contact with all clients and will provide direction and planning on all communications as necessary to meet project objectives
- Manage financial aspects of projects profitably while protecting the company’s interest, and maintaining good relationship with clients, subcontractors, and vendors. Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress and cost tracking reports as required
- Requisition vendors, supplies, materials, or equipment within approved guidelines
- Deals with matters arising from all project stakeholders (owners, environmental, community, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering and six or more years of project management experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Solid commercial mechanical project management experience is a must. General commercial project experience is desired. Also federal government project experience would be a plus
- Thorough knowledge of construction or other related technology, scheduling, procedures, project contracts, plan and specification reading, financial planning and tracking and equipment are required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
For consideration, please email your resume and/or our employment application to:
Donna Brown, Human Resources Manager
CMS is an equal opportunity, minority/female/veteran/disabled employer.
CMS participates in E-Verify.
CMS is a drug and alcohol free workplace.